RE: O/D Lockout

From: Gary E. Klim (garyklim@snet.net)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 19:29:47 EDT

I usually lock out the OD until I'm doing about 50 mph and on reasonably
level road. If the connector for the TC lockup solenoid is easy to get at, I
might try just disconnecting it and see if the PCM detects the "open" at the
coil. If that works, then I'll try the same routine with the connector that
controls 4th gear. If that also works, I'll install two toggle switches that
will give me complete control over the TC and 4th gear.

Now I just have to get off my lazy butt and read the FSM...

gk

Gary E. Klim - Somewhere In Connecticut mailto:garyklim@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/garyklim/ mailto:gklim@harman.com