RE: Exhaust question

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 13:31:31 EDT

> Trying something like this would require SMPFI in order to control each
>injector for the precise "burn" mix right? Now I haven't checked my motor
but
>I don't think it's SMPFI (I could be wrong) and I base this solely on all the
>folks talking about Throttle Body mods (grinding/polishing etc.), but they
>could be talking about older DAK's, mine's a 98.
>(SMPFI= Sequencial Multi-Port Fuel Injection: for those who were wondering.)
>
>Shaun
>Tustin, CA

Shaun,

To my knowledge, Magnum engines (92 & up) are SMPFI. The throttle body is
kinda like a carburator w/out fuel bowls. There is no fuel flow through
it. The fuel flows through fuel rails bolted on the intake manifold into
the individual fuel injectors that are also on the intake manifold. I
think you're thinking of the 87(?)-91 trucks that are throttle body
injected. The fuel flow is through the throttle body on these.

Brian