Re: K&N Open air element Install

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 07:32:46 EDT

<< Ok, I just ordered my K&N open air element for my 92 V6. Has anyone got
 any pointers or advance warnings I should know before I install this???

 "psychonaut" >>
I just installed a FIPK last nite on my R/T with no problems. I was nervous
for a while because the threaded bolt K&N furnishes is, IMO, too long. It
punctured the insulation on the underside of the hood but did not dimple the
hood. This may not be a problem with your engine, but I would suggest gently
lowering the hood to verify you have adequate clearance. As for as perfomance,
maybe a little better throttle response, however the sound at WOT reminds me
of my quadrajet days with with the filter lid flipped upside down on my
Pontiac 400 c.i. engine, sure sounds great and with my Jet module due to
arrive today, along with my underdrive pulleys, I should notice some seat of
the pants improvement shortly.
Regards,
Steve Waller in Houston