Re: No Spark was Dead Battery (I Think)

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 13:48:33 EDT

> Man , I saw this guy wire-up a coil from a Model A Ford or something once
> to the wire seat frame of a car and then to the ignition .

  Yup. The original Kettering ignition (aka rattlebox).

> This guy he knew came along and tried to start the car.......he got the
> ever-lovin' sh@t shocked out of him !!!!!!!

  I'll bet he did. Lucky the guy didn't have a heart attack.

  I have received coil zaps on occasion, and even the lowly magneto on my
3.5hp B&S lawnmower just about knocks me for a loop. My arm is sore for a
few hours. It's not really all that healthy.

  Ron