Vascar

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 10:59:17 EDT

>>Locals are still not permitted to use radar, only the state boys. The
only means available to clock speeders is following for 1/4 mile, and
vascar. For those who never heard of vascar, basically the officer will
place or use two markers on the road. They will then measure the
distance between these markers with the car. Once configured, the
officer manually activates a switch when you cross the first marker and
then again after you cross the second marker. A computer then
calculates your speed. A more simplified unit I have seen is two hoses
spaced a fixed distance apart. More accurate, less convient for the
officer to hide.<<

Don't know how it works, but in NC they have "rolling vascar". No hoses or
preset markings....Police can time you from behind,on the move, and nothing
to trip a radar detector. I think the computer has inputs for both time and
distance, when activated....so computing speed is very easy.

Gary

The Internet - Living proof that 10,000 monkeys in a room with 10,000
typewriters will NOT
eventually duplicate the works of Shakespeare!