RE: Snug Top Lids

From: Buelterman, Chris (Chris_Buelterman@mail.msj.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 08 1998 - 16:53:16 EDT

I bought a Mopar hard tounneau cover for my '98 a couple weeks after I
bought the truck. I had the dealer install it so that I would get the
3/36 warrenty on the lid. Including installation, I ended up paying a
little over a $1000. I liked the lid a lot but the entire unit kept
moving around on the bed rails and damaging the tailgate and bed rails.
I took it back to the dealer a total of five times over the next month
for them to "readjust" it. The sixth time, I demanded my money back for
the lid and that they fix the damage that it had done to my truck.
After a lot of arguing, they finally agreed to fix the damage. The lid
ended up causing close to $2000 worth of damage to the truck. I
wouldn't go with a Mopar lid. They look nice, but they aren't designed
very practically in my opinion.

My neighbor has a Swiss lid on his Ranger. He likes it, and I think it
looks nice. He only paid $650 for it, installed. I don't know if Swiss
makes a lid for a Dak, but you might want to check.

--Chris
'98 Sport+ CC V8