RE: checking valve lash WAS: MP valve covers

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Sat Aug 08 1998 - 22:23:13 EDT

I will have to look in the service manual, I'm at work now. What
you're doing is checking/setting the clearance between the tips of the
valves and the rockers when the valves are closed. Don't want them
tight, and don't want too much play. Too much play will give you a
ticking sound that sounds like.... Well........ sounds like an exhaust
leak! On other cars I've had, it's been very easy. Who knows, you
might need an engineering degree to do it on these motors, but I doubt
it.

Tate