Re: temperature problem w/ underdrive pulleys

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Aug 09 1998 - 12:17:12 EDT

When I asked the Derrick at March about pulleys for the R/T he said that
from 97 and up , that they had already changed the pulley size from the
factory and that if you used the earlier March sets (they only go thru 96
now) that you could have some problems . He said that you would be much
smaller by comparison than if they were on a 96 or earlier . He told me
that they would have some for the 97+ shortly . He also said that since the
change on the size is more drastic if you put them on a 97+ that you would
get more HP though , I guess the temp is one of those situations where this
is evident .

At 08:58 AM 8/9/98 EDT, you wrote:
>While driving the day after the installation, in stop and go traffic, I
>noticed the temp gage goes about 1/8" past the 210 mark, with the 180 t-stat.
>This without the water pump u.d. pulley, which must be due to the crank
pulley
>slowing the fan. All previous cars I've owned had electric fans so I didn't
>experience this. For those of you in know, at what temp on the gage do I need
>to be concerned, surely way before the red 260? Should I remove the pulleys
>altogether?
>Steve in Houston

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com