Re: temperature problem w/ underdrive pulleys

From: DakotaJOS@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 09:30:17 EDT

I have a 95 dakota 5.2 auto trans.I tried the 3 pulley set summer 97 and again
the following winter.In the summer there was a small increase in acceleration,
the engine reved up a little quicker but while not in motion the temperature
would
get very high if a/c was on-the a/c compressor would not cycle off at idle-the
head
lights were dim at idle - the eye in my battery lost it's green glow.
In winter it did'nt build eccessive heat but the other cons were still there.
Thats right
compressor still would'nt cycle off in defrost while idling. I'll never put
those pulleys
on my truck again.

For me the CONS greatly out weigh the pros.