temperature problem w/ underdrive pulleys

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 09 1998 - 08:58:35 EDT

While driving the day after the installation, in stop and go traffic, I
noticed the temp gage goes about 1/8" past the 210 mark, with the 180 t-stat.
This without the water pump u.d. pulley, which must be due to the crank pulley
slowing the fan. All previous cars I've owned had electric fans so I didn't
experience this. For those of you in know, at what temp on the gage do I need
to be concerned, surely way before the red 260? Should I remove the pulleys
altogether?
Steve in Houston