RE: Air Intake Temp

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 10:15:21 EDT

Shaun,
Ill burden the list. For 20.00 I put ram air on my R/T as an
experiment. 3" schedule 40 PVC, one 45 elbow smoothed inside with a
grinder, + a couple of 3" rubber couplings + a 3" to 4.5" transisiton
rubber coupling for the bell and presto! Its not as smooth internally
as it could be and the "Bell" behind my grill is only 4.5" dia, but it
seems to work well. Ive got some aluminized silica cloth/silicone foam
sheet that I am going to insulate the box with. Cheap and effective so
far! Also, you can "flip" the hat hold down on the throttle body to
eliminate the big blockage at the venturis! Just remove the short hold
down screw and replace it with one about 1/2" longer, run a nut on it,
and create a 1/4" spacer under the hat (I used thick walled tubing
connected in a circle) and viola, no more blockage at the venturis!
Bruce
Bruce