RE: Homebrew Air Intake

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 18:47:56 EDT

Mike,
No failure to communicate on this end. Please re-read my entire post. I
admitted that I do not have the volume of air in my homebrew that an open
can on top of the TB does. But, I do have more air than stock, AND it is
cooler than the open can. I have exactly what I was looking for in a system
that cost a total of $51.64 for the filter and $5.27 for an aluminum tube. I
already had the rubber coupler, but they run about $7.00. So for a grand
total of $63.91, I got exactly what I wanted for less that any brand name
kit on the market. Now an open can may be better than my homebrew, but I
cannot afford both to test with and have my reservations about drawing hot
air here in Texas. BTW, yes the Airaid HP claim is compared to stock, just
like EVERY other product ever to be introduced to market.
John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, 3.92LSD, T&H Package, Power Everything,
Billet Grill, Nerf Bars, Rhino Liner, Shug Lid, homebrew FIPK 2, DDBC

<Snip>
What we have here is a failure to communicate. :) Airaid claims a HP
increase compared to what? The stock air box, right?