Re: Valve covers

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 19:51:11 EDT

> I have been seeing a lot of coments about the mopar magnum valve covers.
> I put them on my '98 5.2 and it was as simle as take off the stock
> covers andreplace the new ones. Used the stock studs, wire looms ect. I
> did have to get another gromet for the PVC valve. It came off the HELP
> rack at the parts house, no problem. Did I miss something in my
> installation that That I should have noticed? It just didn't seem that
> complicated. If anyone wants a picture E-Mail me and I'll be glad to
> send it or answer questions.

> Charlie, in Houston

It's pretty much that easy, I think we're just trying to cover every
little detail. But I do have a question about the covers. Today
after i got home from work I raised the hood and looked at my cover,
and oil is leaking out from underneath the oil fill cap. Do I need to
install an aditional oil baffle? The hole where the cap goes has
nothing covering it, I can look down it and see the rockers. The
instructions tell you to install one baffle on each cover where the
pcv and breather filter goes. The screw holes are there to hold an
aditional baffle all I need is the screws to put it on. Can I
fabricate my own baffle, and what should I use (what kind of
material). Has anyone else with the MP covers had their cap leak?

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html