Synthetic name brands oils

From: Vanderburg (vanderbu@silk.net)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 23:42:15 EDT

Normally I use normal name brand oils, but lately I have been considering
using synthetic oil. A bunch of you appear real happy with the synthetics so
I have a question about using a name brand Mobil-1, Quake state etc. as
compared to Amsoil. I have contacted one of Amsoil dealers and of course he
said it's way better, but aren't all synthetics all equal?, plus the Amsoil
is way more expensive over all the other brands. So I ask you is there any
difference? is it really worth more money?