Re: temperature problem w/ underdrive pulleys

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 10:08:20 EDT

<< For me the CONS greatly out weigh the pros. >>

Underdrive pulleys do have their pros and cons, you need to pick the right
pulley set for your application ... some brands also underdrive the
accessories more than others.

In my eyes, this modification is perfect for people who are limiting their
modifications wether it be for gas milage or budget reasons... or, they just
don't want to heavily modify and tear up their $20,000 truck.

FYI, I've used underdrive pulleys on my last Firebird, and know many poeple
who use them and are happy with the gains and have no drivability problems. I
think the only time I've ever heard of a charging system failure was when a
guy in a Mustang installed the "race" pulley set on his daily driven car...

ttyl
Patrick