Re: Custom Underdrive Pulleys

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 19:20:04 EDT

<< This is an alternate method. I chose to machine mine out of a solid block
of
 billet aluminum for simplicity and tooling costs. Steel takes longer to
 machine, and tooling costs are higher... As for the toughness of the outside
 of the pulley, it's only rubber we're working with here .. If my memory
serves
 me correctly, many aftermarket pulleys are simply clear coated, right? A
 anodized hardcoat should calm any concerns about their pulley wearing out.

Also a heavier method. I would think that the lighter they can be, the
better.

Brad