Engine Swap

From: VEEEDUBBB@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 02:14:30 EDT

Has anyone else but me dropped a 318 in a early dakota such as an 87? i am
wondering what luck you had and what problems you ran into. Mine is running
nice now. I used the engine and transmission from a 1985 chrysler 5th avenue.
It is a strong motor with a good automatic tranny. The rear end in the truck
is much lower which affests the accuracy of the speedo, but for the most part
that is the extent of my trouubles. If anyone wants to attempt this procedure
let me know i'll tell you all of the stuff to watch out for