Re: Fwd: Is this thing on??........SBEC questions

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 13:02:24 EDT

At 07:10 AM 8/13/98 , you wrote:

> <<2. I noticed that my "MAINTENANCE REQUIRED" light went OUT when I put in
>the new unit? Does this make sense, it had been on for a while, but I
>never got around to having it reset. Did this new unit reset it for me?
>that would be sweet!!
>functions? >>
>
>Idiot lights will reset themselves after a battery dissconnect.

I thought the "maint req" light was for the emission stuff to be serviced
and had to be reset by the dealers computer. Does it come on for other
problems too?

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Man is not complete till he's married. Then he's finished.