DML:Erratic Shifting

From: Mighty Quinn (quinn@ionet.net)
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 13:49:19 EDT

Ive had a slight problem (maybe 1 in 20 times) with my automatic trans.
Every once in a while, usually when over 3000 rpms, i get erratic shifting.
Especially between 2nd and 3rd gears. It just seems to go from 2nd to 3rd
back to 2nd then to 3rd again. This is all under steady acceleration keepin
my foot in one place (even floored.) Its on a 97 dak with the 318. I took
it into the dealer since its still under warranty and they said that they
couldnt find anything wrong with it i.e. no error codes, fluid levels all
fine, and they ran a test drive with it and couldnt duplicate it. (i didnt
argue being a customer rep myself) I just wondered if anyone else had
experienced anything like this and any suggestions of what it might be.