Re: ethanol was Re: Re[2]: SBEC REBATE

From: John Bell (johnb@pswtech.com)
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 09:21:21 EDT

Michael Fleigle wrote:

> If anyone wants to see some of the ethanol cars and I believe that they
> have some S-10's now, they will be on display at the Illinois state
> fair. I assure you that they had some minor things done to them but
> nothing to effect perfomance.
>
> Fleg

Hey, I'm from the Springfield IL area! My folks still
live there. Cool!

I remember the displays they had in the past, where
they were running vehicles on natural gas generated
via coal gassification. Pretty nifty :-). I had
a chance to work on that project when a young pup
in college at U of I, but lost out to a Chem E :-P.
No matter; I got to work on gas turbines later on 8-).

Have fun,

--
     John Bell    johnb@pswtech.com   http://www.psw.com
    "You're not foolin' anyone, y'know..." - Monty Python