Re: Is this thing on??........SBEC questions

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 00:24:31 EDT

When I put in my SBEC i got a code 62 which must mean that the computer wont
record miles for the emmissions reminder loop. This means the computer wont
put the truck into a closed loop (limp mode) for emissions updates. The stock
computer did this whether anything (O2 sensor or EGR) failed or not. I
noticed my shifts were tighter, almost like having a shift kit. It took about
a day (30-40miles) for the thing to cycle through. I recommend a 180 stat if
you dont have one already.
Boog