Re: V6 Valve noise

From: Matt Wood (twood1@pheaa.org)
Date: Mon Aug 17 1998 - 08:46:25 EDT

I have a 97 3.9 4X4 and it had no valve noise at all till it got about 7000
on it. I now have 8400 and octane increased has helped some but it still
pings when I have the ac on. Not sure what to tell you. I plan on having
the dealer look at it when I take it in to have some body work completed.

----------
> From: Badakota@ix.netcom.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: V6 Valve noise
> Date: Friday, August 14, 1998 8:15 PM
>
> I have a '98 Dakota with a 3.9 V6 with less than 10,000 miles and I hear
valve noise on acceleration. When it was new it was quiet. It seams to have
gotton worse over time. I've tried diffrent grades of gas with no results.
I took it back to the dealer and they said that the 3.9's have some valve
noise. I'm kinda skeptical about that. I would greatly appreciate any info
or maybe even a Bulletin on the problem so I can get it taken care of.
Thanks.