'98 Auto Trans Problem & Question

From: Mike Burgess (ax778@lafn.org)
Date: Mon Aug 17 1998 - 08:58:59 EDT

Well, here's what I'm stuck with in mine, '98 CC 2x4 5.2Lv-8 :
 DGB = STD (Standard) Duty 4spd Auto Trans
 DGW = 4spd Auto Trans 44RE
   This is matched with :
 DMD = 3.5 axle ratio w/8.25" size rear end
 DSA = Ltd. slip differential
 BKP = 10x2.5 rear brakes
 VIN 1B7GL 22Y6 WS58 1453
  I have the HD group, the tow package and the tire & handeling pkgs.
I can see cooling lines into the rad for the trans, and have a finned
cooler line in the power steering loop. I have 11K on the truck, and
have not seen the trans temp light. Got pretty hot a couple of times
here in Los Angeles, on 100+ days, stuck in traffic, temp gauge got up
to the 12:00 position, and I could hear the thermo-clutch on the
fan had engaged, and was roaring full air, just like at a cold start
for the first min. Later that day, was cruiseing at 65+ up a hill
on the fwys, no lights either.

--
" I am confident that the Republican Party will pick a
     nominee that will beat Bill Clinton in 2000. "