Re: 92 4x4 club cab suspension

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 17 1998 - 18:08:46 EDT

you could crank up the front torsion bars like I did to make the Dak sit
level.......you could crank it up and put a block under the leaf springs and
easily clear 31's, easily. I have seen alot of Daks do really good with 2 and
3 inch body lifts....and they can run 32's. As far as the Trailmaster 4"
lift......its all good stuff. Since the Daks have IFS, its really tough and
$$$ to lift the front suspension, but I have seen the results and its WOW
looking kick ass. The rear is just a lift block and a rear brake line
extension bracket. The front requires cutting the front frame horn, taking the
tbars off, removing the sway bar, all brake lines, lower and upper control
arms there are more frame brackets and braces, you must remove tie rods,
crossmembers, vent lines, and tons more of remoiving and replacing sutff....it
seems like a very complete kit, I would highly recommend it if you do want a
true lift kit. Just to give you an idea of the parts list, there are a total
of 275 parts(including nuts, bolts, etc) in the Trailmaster kit for the Dak.
So it is complete!!!! The kit is 1200 or so and I am sure about another 700
to put it in. They say an ASE 4x4 tech, should take about 12-15 solid hours to
put this kit in. Good luck!