Re: R/T JBA header install

From: Mike Catlin (Catlin@erols.com)
Date: Tue Aug 18 1998 - 18:55:15 EDT

>Bruce Wrote:
> Hey DML,
> Got my JBAs on Thursday (CA delivery) and installed on Saturday. The
> install took me about 4 hours (2 beers) and was a piece of cake! The
> header quality was good with some popcorn and a little burr on the
> collector to flange joint that I knocked off with a file. All other
> work looked about like my Hooker super comps only with more material and
> thicker welds. I also found that my stock 3500 mile old factory
> manifolds were leaking at the center ports !! (No gaskets is NOT a good
> thing in my mind)

Hey Bruce,
My factory manifolds were leaking in the same place center ports.
Also my new JBAs look great but the lock washers they send for the
header bolts are to small. mine were actually cocking into the
holes on the header flange. You have to look close but the lock
washers are to small in outside diameter. I had to replace all the
lock washers after I had already installed all the bolts but 2.
Mine also fit without removing the battery. Looks & sound good.
I'll be taking it for a dyno run in the next couple of days. Jet
sent me a new chip to replace my old one so i'm anxious to see what
the dyno says.

Mike Catlin