Re: thermostats

From: Tomdamit@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 18 1998 - 22:31:27 EDT

<<
 whats wrong with a 160 thermo it seemes like running your engine cooler it
 runs better! especily in the winter my truck runs better why not run better
 all the time with a 160 thermostat? e-mail me

Some opinions are that 160 is TOO cool and the oil never really warms up, fuel
condenses and cleans oil off the cylinder walls leading to eventual thinning
and contamintion of the oil. Short run, probably negligible damage but long
run might be a different story. Your truck may run better in the winter
because the air is cooler, too. Just my $0.02!