Re: Don't use a 3M Green pad on your windsheild

From: t martin (tmartin1996@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Aug 19 1998 - 20:45:15 EDT

Doug, I don't know if this trick still works, but years ago, you could use
toothpowder in a thin water paste rubbed (forever, it seemed) directly with
your finger on a glass scratch and rub it right out. Took lots of time
and a light touch. I also did it with toothpaste, but that was before they
put all that other stuff in it (circa 1963). I'd give it a try to save the
$423 over the cost of a tube of plain toothpaste. Also, be informed that
people still grind their own telescope reflectors/lenses from glass blanks
using ultra fine grinding powder and a lubricant. Try Edmund's Scientific
(they probably have a web site). Now, does anybody have a technique for
sap that raelly works on glass and paint?

--tm