Don't use a 3M Green pad on your windsheild

From: Douglas Bowerman (bowermdw@ameritech.net)
Date: Mon Aug 17 1998 - 15:59:15 EDT

Hey all,
I had some pine tree sap on my window. I tried to get it off. To hurry
things along I used a 3M scratch pad. I scratched the hell out of it.
I called the Auto Glass or Indiana lass company and the dealer. They
told me that nothing can be done about scratches in the glass. I have
to buy a new windshield for 425 dollars. I dont think I'm gonna do
this. If I do I would like to get bullet proof glass or something as
hard. Does anybody have any experience with different glass??
Thanks guys 'preciate it,
Doug