RE: Leave at idle?? Was: rice burners

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Wed Aug 19 1998 - 07:46:32 EDT

A guy at Huffines Dodge in Lewisville, Tx. told me that Dodge placed
their rears off center (forward or aft - don't remember) and used the
springs themselves as a traction bar - he said I wouldn't see much
differece with the traction bars and to tell you the truth, I haven't.
 In all fairness, I should say that my launch technique could be
better and that I have a 3.21 open..... Let off too much and it bogs.
 He said a pinion snubber would be better, but we both looked under
the truck and agreed that work would have to be done to use one as
there is nothing directly over the rear for a snubber to hit. Anyway,
that's what he told me.

Tate