Re: Leave at idle?? Was: rice burners

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 20 1998 - 20:01:52 EDT

<< A guy at Huffines Dodge in Lewisville, Tx. told me that Dodge placed
 their rears off center (forward or aft - don't remember) and used the
 springs themselves as a traction bar - he said I wouldn't see much
 differece with the traction bars and to tell you the truth, I haven't.
  In all fairness, I should say that my launch technique could be
 better and that I have a 3.21 open..... Let off too much and it bogs.
  He said a pinion snubber would be better, but we both looked under
 the truck and agreed that work would have to be done to use one as
 there is nothing directly over the rear for a snubber to hit. Anyway,
 that's what he told me.

 Tate

Yah, I have thought of a pinion snubber myself. Was looking last night while
we were installing the 4.10 LSD (finally!!!!!!!!). Not much room at all with
the gas tank back there. Guess I will have to get a fuel cell mounted in the
bed. But then I will have a lot of room to narrow the rear frame. Maybe some
33x16.50x15 M/T;s............

Brad