Re: engine knock

From: Matt Wood (twood1@pheaa.org)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 14:54:20 EDT

I can't speak for the first question. I have 8400 miles on my 97 v6 and
other then some slight spark nock ( that 89 octane took care of) no other
noises. I fully agree with your second question. I know someone who has a
95 sport v6 5 speed and when I drove it, it seemed to have a lot of get up
and go. His is two wheel drive and mine is 4 wheel with the larger tires
and limited slip axles. I chalked it up to be that mine is four wheel
drive and his is two. I guess that leads me to my question which is has
anyone on the list driven a two wheel and then a four wheel drive v6 and
notices large differences in the power?

----------
> From: jbetcher@velocity.net
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: engine knock
> Date: Monday, August 24, 1998 12:52 PM
>
> I own a '97 Dakota, extended cab with a Magnum V6. I have two things that
I hope someone
> out there can help me with. First is a problem that has been with this
vehicle for about
> the last 5 months and the dealership has not been able to fix, and that
is the popping and pinging I hear when climbing hills, accelerate or am
under load. The second is that
> this engine has been a disappiontment as far as performance. It has no
get up and go.
> Is there anything I can do to increase the performance of this dog. I
know it's not a V8
> but I've been in other V6's and they seem to do alright-------Where's the
Magnum in my