Re: Re: engine knock

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 23:56:09 EDT

At 02:54 PM 8/24/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I can't speak for the first question. I have 8400 miles on my 97 v6 and
>other then some slight spark nock ( that 89 octane took care of) no other
>noises. I fully agree with your second question. I know someone who has a
>95 sport v6 5 speed and when I drove it, it seemed to have a lot of get up
>and go. His is two wheel drive and mine is 4 wheel with the larger tires
>and limited slip axles. I chalked it up to be that mine is four wheel
>drive and his is two. I guess that leads me to my question which is has
>anyone on the list driven a two wheel and then a four wheel drive v6 and
>notices large differences in the power?

  Its been a while, but I did drive a 4x4 club cab auto V6 back when I was
Dak shoppin'. As I recall, it was pretty sluggish. I also drove a 5 speed
V6 regular cab 4x2 which seemed to be considerably more powerful. I assumed
it was sluggish because of the auto, but I suppose the 4x4 contributed
somewhat too. I also drove a 4x2 V6 club cab with an auto which was
still a bit more sluggish than I liked, but it was better than the 4x4.

  So, I'd say there's probably something to that...

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.85@90.72), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |