Re: dakota 4x4

From: Chris lang (langcj@polaris.clarkson.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 21:14:10 EDT

I've got a 93 with a 3" body lift and 31X10.5 tires. Its great off road but
could use somne more ground clearence. I've gotten hung up on my
crossmembers a number of times. The suspension lift from trailmaster is a
real expensive option, It involves alot of stuff hence the price. You have
to replace the front crossmember on the frame and i think some steering
components get changed too along with most of the actual suspension. I've
also heard that it costs about as much as the kit to have it installed and
on top of that you have to get new rims and of course new tires. I talked to
one person who ended up spending around $3000 for the whole deal.
You can also get some lift by cranking down on the torsion bars, i haven't
done that myself but from what i've heard it really tightens up the
suspension and rattles the shit out of the truck if yo go to far, there's a
price for everything....

Chris Lang
93, CC, 4x4, V8, 3" Body Lift, 31X10.5" tires, 14x5 K&N