Auto Trans

From: Charlie Alley (charl1@SWBell.net)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 04:30:55 EDT

I have been seeing a lot of talk about ATF and TV Cable adjustment
lately. I have no great solutions but I do have one question and one
comment. First on the TV Cable. After the transgo shift kit installation
it shifted great at normal driving, but would not shift at all at WOT. I
adjusted the cable so at WOT it shifts right at red line now it seems to
shift too early at normal driving. does any body have any suggestions?
Second, with everything about ATF, the old type F fluid was and still is
a high friction fluid. It will make the shifts firmer and the trans.
runs 20-30 deg. cooler. The B&M shift kits used to recommend using it as
a cheaper alternative to B&M Trick Shift fluid.

Charlie in Houston