Re: any gains in electrical mods ? -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 09:09:03 EDT

>>> Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu> 08/26/98 12:58am >>>

The whole ad is like that. It seemed fishy to me at the time, like they were
going out of their way to not make any specific power claims, and it
could very well be that it was purposely worded like that because there
are some vehicles where it just plain doesn't work. The Dakota appears
to be one of those vehicles.

Don't believe it, never will. I have a Jacob's #7 Custom Magnum Team on
my '98 5.2L and it works as advertised. I have seen an increase of
~1.5mpg, better starting, smooth idling, and...drum roll please...better
throttle response while towing (increased torque???). The et issue is a
tossup. I haven't really seen an appreciable change either way.

The "documented case" that you're refering to for the Jacob's is for an
Ultra Team on a mostly stock R/T. I can say it 'til I'm blue in the face, but it
never sinks in. Go to their homepage, it tells you that the Ultra Team is
for modified race vehicles. If you use the correct products in the
applications they were designed for, the results would most certainly be
better.

Just my personal experience.

Steve