Re: Re: jba headers...no leaks

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 09:21:05 EDT

the bobster wrote:

> We have installed the "doughnuts " on our 92 and the leak problem
> where the JBAs couple to the Y pipe is solved.
>
> Any sealer we had put between the header and Y-pipe had blown out.
> the doughnuts filled this gap perfectly.

  Where did you get these doughnut gaskets? And more importantly, how
do I identify them to the local parts houses?

  I noticed that my JBA instructions talked about these things, but did not
give me any way to identify them other than "the doughnut things that sit
in the exhaust flange."

  Thanks,

  Ron "Don't Want No Leaks" Rader