RE: Re: jba headers...no leaks

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 08:00:00 EDT

Exhaust doughnuts have been around since - - well, since I've been
fooling around with cars - - real old cars. They are not a JBA thing.
 Go to any muffler shop and they'll have a big piece of pegboard on
the wall or a board with nails in it or a big bin somewhere full of
the things. Like I said - this is not a JBA proprietary connection
device. All it is is a round gasket - that's it. It's a ring made of
metal and compressed asbestos (or something similar) that goes
between some rounded/flared exhaust joints - at least anyone I know
would know who's into cars would know exactly what I was talking about
if I said "doughnut joint" when referring to exhaust. Some cars use
them, some don't. I know that the 97's don't. Whoever Jeff Bell is
has never messed with exhaust much.

Tate