atr Y-Pipe :flowmaster Y-Pipe :Overdrive

From: robert lipinski (charger69rt@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 13:34:12 EDT

List

The person I talked to at ATR told me the price shown
in their literature of $179 for the Y-pipe was wrong,
and that there is a lot of compexity building the
Y-pipe, thusly the $295 price...she also added that
it was a product that had languished but enough
interest has been shown that they are again
producing it. Also she said it was known to fit only
the 1995 Dakota.

The Flowmaster Y-Pipe (from summit?)...Summit tech
could not come up with anything...he gave me Flowmaster's
number....Flowmaster technical told me they don't make
any product from the manifold/header flanges down.
They do manufacture generic "Y's" and such....

I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe that
isn't quite lined up correctly ...

So if anyone in the DML alternate universe can pick up
an ATR y-pipe for $179, I will gladly pay a profit of
20% and pay shipping to get it to me.

Also anyone with a real summit/flowmaster part number
on their Y-Pipe...how about posting it to the list???

Several weeks back someone scored a deal on a "Y-pipe
back" system that was about the same cost as the usual
"cat-back".....was this a true post,or just some kind of
"I can top that deal" fiction...

We are replacing the tranney this weekend and it means
the pipes come down again....

On destroying overdrives: shift lever moved from D to
2 at 60mph....BOOM..SQUEALLLL.....it's dead Jim...it's dead

1992 owner's manual says 2 can be used on mountains grades
for engine braking.....but also says 45mph or less....it
shifts out of 2 about 75mph under wot..quite a spread.

Owner's manual has no caution about turning off OD while
driving.

rob
charger69rt@inficad.com
charger69rt@yahoo.com