JET Chip - What's the verdict?

From: Dave Rench (renchd@krause.com)
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 14:30:51 EDT

I have been following the JET chip issue and am anxious to upgrade my stock
computer (97 5.2 V-8 Auto 2WD) and am tired of waiting for Mopar to release
theirs. I'd be all over this group purchase if I was comfortable that the
performance gain was there.

What I think I've heard so far from those who have installed chips is a
resounding maybe as to whether it helps full throttle performance. There
seems to be evidence to suggest that it might actually hurt performance.
On the other hand, there seems to be some consensus that part throttle
performance is improved.

Anybody with the chip, particularly those with 97 and 98 5.2's have
anything to add to this? Has anybody heard anything semi-definitive about
the release of the MP computer for 97's? It seems to me that it's been
over a year since the 96's came out and about a year from when Mopar tech
originally told me they'd be released.

Dave Rench
"Where's the d#mn computer?"
97 Reg Cab, Short Box, 5.2 V-8, Auto, 3.55 SG, Leer Classic GT Tonneau, 10"
FABM, Hooker Aerochamber muffler, MSD 8.5MM