Re: strange "clunk" when turning

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 30 1998 - 00:55:47 EDT

At 08:46 PM 8/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I hear all you guys talking about this on the new body sytle Daks but my
>ninety one makes a clunking sound whenever I turn in to my driveway. I only
>happens when I make a right hand turn into my driveway and it sounds like
>something is hitting under the passenger side. Anybody with an older Dak
>have this same problem. Mine is a 91

  My '96 is doing this, but the strange thing is that it didn't do it
at all until about 2 weeks ago. I don't have to be on an incline or
anything, it just happens when I turn. I've had it happen in turns
to the left and the right. (Though a left turn seems to cause it
more often than a right.)

  Incidentally, does anyone know what the fix is in the TSB? I remember
something about a cab mount or something, but I'm almost positive my
"clunk" isn't a cab mount.

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.85@90.72), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |