Re: Torsion bars

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 13:45:46 EDT

>First of all, what are torsion bars?

Starngely enough , they were first used by Chrysler a long time ago in a
galaxy far , far away .

They are long bars of steel , that are conected to the suspension on one
end , and the frame on the other . As the suspension travels and weight is
applied and taken off , the bars are twisted lengthwise , or torqued .

I think they have always been a good idea .

>Second, could a modification like this be done on a 98 Dak?

Correct me if I'm wrong , but I think the 4x4 already uses these up front .
So does Chebbie .

Jack Hilton III

1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab (Black)

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html