Re: Torsion bars

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 12:23:12 EDT

I know Sway-A-Way makes some good Heavy Duty Torsion bars. Lat time I called
them they make them for my 93 for $199.99, so I would assume they also make
them for your Dakota. These T Bars are a single stage with a 22-30% increase
in spring rate. They supply increases spring rate to control increased
tire/wheel weight. They reduce or prevent bottoming on rough terrain. I
cranked my torsion bars up my on 93 Dak 4x4(93,000 miles) so the truck would
sit level with the rear, I didnt notice any stiffer ride most people
experience. I would eventually like to upgrade to these Sway A Way Bars, local
shop will put them in and adjust them for only $25! Also, with these
aftermarket bar, if you do crank them up for a lift, they will hold, stock
bars are supposed to fatigue over time and sag back down, mine havent sagged
though in 15,000 miles, but I think eventually they will. Good luck!