Jack Hilton actually does a mod

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 22:44:18 EDT

Hey guys (and gals) -

I finally got my overworked (code for lazy) but out there and out one of
those things I bought for the truck *on* the truck .

It was the 180 degree stat that came with the JET module .

It was fairly easy on the 5.9 R/T . All I had to remove was the bracket
that goes from the back of the alternator to the manifold (it's black) .
Actually , I didn't have to take it off , but just move it over from where
it conects to the manifold to give me a bit more room to play with . I
could have done it without moving the bracket , but I love self-torture ,
so moving made sense to me .

I am wondering if anyone else got their stat from JET and what the hell
that rubber gasket they give you with it is for ? I tried to figure it out
(remember I'm from GA) , and even installed it once , but it just did not
go well . I opted for a regular gasket and it seems to be sealed fine now .

Well , I just had to dump some excessive testosterone by posting this and
make myself feel alil bit better .

I'll actually have the module in before I leave for Florida on Friday , so
I can see if it gives me any extra MPG as well as get it ready for the
track at Moroso .

Yes , yes , I know I could have snapped it in , but I have to finish off
the tank of 87 octane before I do it .

PEACE

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net