new '98 (not '99) colors

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 23:13:22 EDT

I'm looking at a 97 and a 98 Dakota Sales brochure.
Colors new for 98 are
-Magenta Clear Coat gone, add Deep Amethyst
-Brilliant Blue Clear Coat gone, add Intense blue
-Moss Green Pearl Coat gone, add Forest Green

There were 10 colors available in '97, 10 also in '98. Looks like
they just changed some of the shades to lighter or darker.

'97 colors-metallic red, flame red, magenta, brilliant blue, bright
jade, emerald green, moss green, light driftwood satin glow, black, and
bright white.

'98 colors-metallic red, flame red, deep amethyst, black, bright white,
light driftwood, emerald green, forest green, bright jade, and intense
blue.

Both years offered a two-tone lower break side treatment that was
available with certain colors, and only available with the SLT package.

For '97, if you wanted a Sport, then you couldnt get the metallic red,
brilliant blue, moss green, or light driftwood. The '98 brochure doesnt
specify which paint colors are for which model, but I believe the Sport
model excluded metallic red and light driftwood, but I'm not sure about
the other colors.

Hope this was helpful.

Patrick