Dak=Ram

From: Charlie Alley (charl1@SWBell.net)
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 02:41:01 EDT

Seeing some remarks comparing Daks to Rams, I just wanted to throw a few
comments. I have a '98 reg. cab, 5.2, auto. dak. I just recently drove a
'97 3/4 ton Ram, cummins, auto. on a 2700 mi. trip (Houston to Colo.) I
fully agree with most of what I've been reading on the comparisons
however the fuel mileage. My Dak gets 17-18 MPG if I drive it real nice.
the Ram with the diesel was in the low 20s except when we hit the
mountains 14,000 ft. it went to high 19s. Kind of pissed me off, the
only advantage the Dak has is acceleration. don't ever think a diesel
won't bust a 100. We also had a 400 lb. load in the Ram.

Charlie