R/T Wheels and Daimler Merger

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 00:46:23 EDT

Two points here:
1) Why would anyone pay $200 for R/T wheels when they can get
aftermarket wheels for the same price? It seems you would get a better
looking wheel for the same money. As I've already ordered my wheels
(due in Wednesday :-) this question is on a "just wondering basis."
2) Yes, Chrysler was improving greatly, and breaking records all over
the place, and actually putting out some new cars that aren't the S.O.S
like the other guys, but that doesn't mean they can survive the future.
VW will make 54 cars off of 6 platforms before the year 2000. Low-cost
and high quality, along with products that are actually new are the
future of the auto. industry. This merger was essential to the healthy
survival of both companies. Yes, the government YOU elected is letting
this happen. If you really want to bitch about the G, mention the fact
that GM had to export jobs to avoid quotas that our G allows. Clinton
visited china and didn't even mention their awful quotas/ trade
barriers. That is a bad thing, not an international merger of two
powerful companies, benefiting both companies. I'm not mentioning
employees here, as I'm not one, and don't know how they are effected. I
don't think companies give a damn about thier employees, if they cost
too much, they cost too much, and they go, as harsh and unfair as that
is.
Just my humble, uninformed opinion,
-Robert

--