Re: Oil Change Question

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Sep 27 1998 - 19:15:44 EDT

At 12:39 PM 9/27/98 , you wrote:

>I changed the oil in my wife's 97 Pontiac Sunfire and the way the filter is
>situated I could not put any oil in the filter before installing it. Did I
>do any harm to the engine?

I too have never put any oil in the filter when changing oil. Just smear a
little on the seal (may as well oil the threads while you're at it) and
spin her on. I realize that you're causing your engine to run a second or
two with low oil pressure while the filter fills up, but I've never worried
about it.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

"I believe people would be alive today if there were a death penalty" -- Nancy Reagan