318 noise

From: Richard Oleschuk (Richard.Oleschuk@chem.UAlberta.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 15:46:19 EDT

Speaking of noise

I recently purchased a 98 ext. cab, 4x4 sport, V8. When I pulled it off the
lot the engine ran silky smooth. Now with just 2800 kms on the odometer the
engine does not seem to have the same get up and go as before and pings on
hard acceleration. I took it to the dealership and they said that the they
check and scoped the engine, everything is working fine. Also they stated
most of the V8's were a little noisy and it may quiet down with a few more
miles on it. Has anyone else had this problem, if so what did they do to
fix it etc. The funny thing is that motor trend remarked on how quiet and
smooth the V8 was when they tested it.

Thanks

Richard Oleschuk