TV cable adjustment + inital report on Frank's TB

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 22:45:41 EDT

Gang,

Just installed Frank's TB on my '98 5.2L Auto late last night. MAJOR
power improvement in the mid to upper rpm's. Much better part throttle
on the low end as well. Still doing some tweaking, one item of which is
an adjustment on the TV cable. The truck is pulling super hard all the
way to redline(actually past redline by my gauge) and the tranny just
doesn't seem to want to shift when it should. I almost have to lift
slightly to get it to shift, otherwise it keeps winding to well over
5000(and it gets there in a hurry). Ran into a problem with my K&N when
I went to do the install in the form of a sheared S bolt. Until I get
the tweaks done and the K&N back on, I'll hold off on further comments.

There was a post a few weeks back detailing the proper way to adjust the
TV cable. I've dug through the archives a bit, but to save some time,
could anyone offer that info again?

I'll have much more to report on the TB later. All I suggest now is
start saving those pennies if you've even lightly considered it<grin>.

Bob