RE: Y-pipe & 3"cat

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 17:59:21 EDT

Will,
Do the exhaust thing.
BKB

-----Original Message-----
From: WM96@aol.com [mailto:WM96@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, October 19, 1998 2:40 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Y-pipe & 3"cat

sacrficial line to the gods of the dml...
one more just in case..

Ok guys, I just got off the phone with the local muffler shop that did my
cat-
back and they qouted me somewhere around $235 for a new 2 1/4 Y pipe into a
3"
cat. The Y by itself was $90 and that sounds like a pretty damn good price
me. The $145 for the cat was a little steep I thought, but oh well... My
question is, how much of a gain would I get with this mod keeping the stock
manifolds? I don't think I want to fork over the cash for headers just yet,
and when I do it will either be the Gibson or Summit shortys. Would it be
more benficial to get the Y and cat done or to get the Jet Stage II and do
the
exhaust later?

Will
'97 CC 5.2, 3.55(next to go on the list) Auto, Edelbrock 1208 w/2.75 paper
element, Dynomax Race Magnum 3"